The inspiration for this Afghan came from a knitting chart I found at http://www.rucniprace.cz/knitting-patterns-free/knitting-pattern-029.php
I came up with many variations on the basic design and it took quite some time to decide which variation I would finally use.
Once I had made a decision about the design I had to create a chart to work from (I hate writing patterns… they go on forever).
I use a computer spreadsheet to create my charts and once created, the charts often require tweaking in order to make a particular design work in yarn.
What I mean by “tweaking” is that I make amendments to the original design chart (I call them “tweaks”).
I print a copy of the chart and mark my tweaks on the copy as I work through a sample of the given design (I always work a swatch). I am unable to show these amendments/tweaks on the chart due to the limitations of my computer software.
In this instance, as can clearly be seen, the number of cells in the “L” shapes of the finished design is 6 across and 6 up or down. However, the chart shows 5 across and 6 up or down. The same goes for the number of cells separating the “L” shapes, in the finished design there are 11 cells. However, the chart shows 9 cells.
The design: Worked over multiples of 8 cells plus 1
Afghan measures: 66”x 41” (not blocked)
Yarn Type:1 cone of 4 ply Acrylic machine knitting yarn in Black and 1 cone of 4 ply Acrylic machine knitting yarn in Denim.
Needles: 3.50mm crochet hook.