I have adapted this lovely design from a machine knitting punch card and created a chart to work from. The punch card is home made so I am unaware of the origin of the design.
The created chart required a fair bit of tweaking. The first swatch I made was an attempt to keep the design true. However, I found that this was not possible; If I maintain the number of cells between each motif, this would require an increase in the number of cells of the motif itself.
As you can see, the resultant fabric is not unacceptable and would look fine on a larger project.
However, as my intention was to make a smaller item, I decided that a smaller motif would be appropriate. Therefore, I chose to reduce the number of cells between each motif, which resulted in a more pleasing overall look. Once this decision was made, the design was very easy to follow and I think it turned out pretty well.
I chose not to continue the design on the back of the cushion and opted for plain black instead, as I think it adds a touch of drama.
My cushion measures 20” X 20”. I used 4 ply Acrylic machine knitting yarn, left over from a previous projects and 3.00mm crochet hook.